Did you wear a traditional wedding dress on your wedding day, or did you take the road less traveled and opt for something a little different than the average white gown? Either way, I’m here to tell you why framing your wedding dress is a great idea. Here are several reasons why you might want to consider it, and some tips for executing the perfect framed wedding dress.
Reasons You Should Frame Your Wedding Dress
- It probably cost you a fortune, so repurposing it as décor is financially savvy.
- It’ll remind you every day of how beautiful your wedding day was.
- It’s a great way to preserve your dress. Posterity, folks!
- It’s a great conversation piece.
- You spent a lot of time stressing about this dress to not be able to look at it every day.
Tips for Framing Your Wedding Dress
Here are a couple pointers if you’re thinking of framing your dress.
- Be sure you have your dress dry cleaned first. Even if it looks clean, invisible trace particulates like food, pollen, or saliva could cause mold if you’re not careful.
- Hang your framed dress in a place that is well climate controlled to help preserve it.
Be sure to use acid-free materials in framing.
- If you have it professionally framed, you won’t have to worry about this part.
- One of the best parts about using a custom framing outfit like Frame Warehouse to frame your wedding dress is that you can get the perfect sized frame to fit your gown. You’ll want the dress carefully pressed so that it’s arranged appropriately in the frame.