With Memorial Day around the corner, it’s an ideal time to deck your home out in red, white, and blue. Three of our most precious patriotic holidays fall over the “summer months”, so you can leave that décor up all summer long and not have it be out of place. Here are some of our favorite Patriotic framed décor ideas.
1. Button flag art- This craft DIY from Things to Share and Remember uses buttons and burlap to create a jewel-toned, rustic masterpiece. It doesn’t even require sewing, which is great for those who either lack that particular skill or would be loath to waste their incredible talents with a hot glue gun.
2. Patriotic printables- You know how much we love printables here at the Frame Warehouse. These babies are instant classy new home décor when combined with one of our frames. Fine some of our favorite flag-waving printables here, here, and here.
3. Framed bunting- Classic patriotic bunting is perfect for decorating for the season, and you can put it in a frame to make it look more finished for interior décor.
4. Patriotic quilt- Quilts are commonly sewn in red, white, and blue to reflect the seamstress’s patriotic leanings, and you can put a beautiful patriotic quilt top into a frame to create timeless artwork for your home. Note that a quilt top will work best for this; a whole quilt is pretty thick to try to stick in a frame unless you’re aiming for a heavy shadowbox design.
5. A display to honor a military member you love- Create a scrapbook-like page design to honor the men and women in your life who have served in the armed forces so that you may remember the service members who never made it home every day.
However you choose to celebrate Memorial Day, we hope that you make a little time to reflect on the sacrifices made for you by the men and women of our armed forces, and know that we’d be glad to have a place in your patriotic display. For more Memorial Day décor ideas, check in on our Facebook page and don’t forget to like and follow the page so you never miss an update!